Friday, March 23, 2012

As warmer weather approaches, I am looking forward to more bold and colorful makeup looks to go with all my spring outfits.  Today, I tried a little green for this sunny day.  

It totally helps to have a good place to put your makeup on.  Mine is a converted desk with space to hold my books and hide my nail polish collection above.  I keep everything in a handy dandy travel case, mostly because it looks nice and because I can organize it by section and it makes me feel professional!  Last Christmas, my hubby got me the most amazing makeup kit from Sephora with practically every color needed, which makes experimenting super easy.  So today, it was green:











I started with the usual prep: foundation, concealer, powder, brows.  I always prime my eyelids, usually with Cover Girl's Shadow Blast.  I just got one in green, so I was so ready to use it.  I went a little above my lid line, then brushed a slightly darker shade of powder over my lid and into the crease, then a slightly lighter shade in the inside corners.  I then used liquid liner for a slight cat eye.  While letting that dry, I applied blush to the apples of my cheeks then finished with a brush of mascara.  And never forget your lips!  I hope you can use this look, and you can always make it more dramatic for an evening out.  Enjoy! 

Blouse/Earrings: Avenue

No comments:

Post a Comment