Thursday, January 12, 2012

DIY: Watercolor Brooch

I love the way that just adding one accessory can add something special to an outfit.  I have recently discovered a love of brooches and while putting together my craft room, I found a bit of felt and decided to make a little something fun.  Here's what I came up with: 

Supplies:
Felt
Circle Template
Watercolor Image
Superglue/Crystals
Pin Back
Needle and Thread
 1. Using the template, draw a circle on a piece of felt in any color you choose and cut out the outside and the center./2. Copy the circle onto a watercolor image (or any image that inspires you) and cut out, leaving about a 1/4 inch from the edge.  I quickly drew and painted a vintage looking portrait, but really anything would work!/3. Stitch the drawing to the open middle of the circle./4. Cut a smaller circle in a contrasting color and stitch a pin back to the middle with a needle and thread, then superglue to the back of the main piece./5. For an extra touch, I cut out some small leaves to go with the flowers in the painting and then used hotfix crystals to give it some sparkle.  Make sure everything is dry and then enjoy adding something unique to your next outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment