Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tassled Collection- Coming Soon!

Here it goes...my inspiration for my first collection (outside of college-work): tassels and lace.  Okay, so not "those" kind of tassels- and not "that" kind of lace.  Think more 1920's and 30's Great Gatsby whimsy (minus the drama).  Neutrals with a pop of color to make it modern, and seaming that draws the eye to important elements of the design.  I have always been enamored with this era of fashion, and I keep coming back to it when I think about what I would like to do for an actual collection.  So here are some inspirations I am using to get started.  Enjoy!
How could you not love a metallic/matte tassel garland?
Oh Martha, yes, please teach me how to tassel
These look like something my grandmother would have tatted.  Love.
 Filtered soft light from sheer fabrics makes me happy
I may have to make a stop at the Mission Road Antique Mall in KC
Vintage spoon patterns

Could this throwback to heirloom be due to excessive wedding idea searching?  Perhaps.  But I maintain that nothing really goes out of style and this particular era has always intrigued me.  Some of my most treasured vintage items are Grandpa's old cigar boxes filled with buttons that Grandma can pinpoint which of her mother's custom garments they came off of, and great-grandma's tattered small hatbox from a Las Vegas hat shop, which contains various black and white family photos.  These will be my starting point.  Being that I can be difficult to motivate sometimes, I think this collection's time has come.  And I promise...I won't give up this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment